Nowadays when most people are leading stressful lives, feeling overwhelmed with their responsibilities and daily activities, the value of meditation shines forth.
It’s time to choose meditation as a way of life, to help you understand better who you are, and what your needs are. Perhaps, after careful consideration you would choose a different life then the one you have created for yourself.
We are always searching for peace, we work hard to create the life we think we want to earn more so we can have a better car, a bigger home, better furniture, so we can be comfortable to finally be at peace. But, the more we engage in the worldly materialistic pursuit, the more conditioned we become to its complicated, never ending demands and that’s when we become a stranger to our true essence, which is peace and serenity.
That’s why I have created these simple organic excercises that will bring you closer to yourself. It’s taking a short vecation from the world outside to reach and touch who we really are within. Don’t be surprised if this journey begins to feel all too familiar to you!
Write the word meditation in bold letters on your to-do list. Everyday sit quietly for a few minutes, close your eyes and focus your attention on your breath, stay with your breath for a couple of minutes, now invite yourself to be at peace, allow your muscles to let go of all tensions and your thoughts to slow down.
Now you will begin to find yourself in a more peaceful space. Use this space to find out how you feel, are you truly pleased with your life? Re-evaluate your values and if you choose, make some adjustments.
1. For the start, let’s plan your day in a way that pleases you, in other words add an activity that serves you better. What do you enjoy doing? For instance, if you like nature, take yourself somewhere beautiful by the ocean or perhaps you choose the park or the forest and if you are really short of time go to your own backyard or balcony.
2. Take a deep breath, now for couple of minutes be aware of your breaths as they come and go, then slowly start to feel your own presence; notice yourself, focus your attention on what is going on inside of you.
3. Now, ask yourself: How you feel? Does it feel good to be out here experiencing yourself in nature? If the answer is yes, your brain has just sent the message of peace and serenity to your nervous system.
Here is another beneficial exercise.
1. Every night before you go to sleep sit quietly for a few minutes, take some deeper longer breathes.
2. Bring your awareness on your breath, love and nurture yourself, feel this love for yourself deep in the chore of your being and stay in this vibration for a few minutes.
3. Now, feel the shift in your energy and let it absorb into your cells.
With this simple exercise, you sent the message of love and kindness to your nervous system, as a result your nerves begin to let go a bit and allow you to experience the peace within. At this time truly let go of all thoughts and ideas and connect to yourself on a deep level and while you feel the connection, ask yourself for a peaceful life. You know you deserve it!
Yes, peace and joy is within us and you have always longed for it, stop looking for it outside of you, once you find it merge with it, lose yourself in it, allow your cells to dance in this blessed joyful light and finally radiate this peace and joy to the world around you.